Mackenzie Crowne's A Song For Sophie

Mackenzie Crowne's newest release, A SONG FOR SOPHIE, is free on amazon this week. Read more about it. 



Jobless, practically homeless, and tired of being manless, Sophie Taylor jumps at the chance to be Beaumont Walker’s personal assistant. Six weeks on the road with country music’s bad boy—and, more importantly, his all-male crew—is the perfect opportunity to change her life. 
Beau Walker doesn’t need any more distractions. Sophie, with her butt-ugly suits and balls-to-the-wall attitude, shouldn’t be one, but she proves to be distracting and more—even, surprisingly, a friend. So when he discovers her plan to snag a man from his worldly wise crew, he’s determined to protect her from herself.


When Sophie realizes Beau is behind her failure to attract even one member of his crew, the last place she expects to find herself is in his bed. But will one night of passion convince her she's woman enough for him? Or will it destroy their friendship and his budding belief in true love?




Excerpt:

“Don’t you have something you’re supposed to be doing? I assume we’re paying you. Go earn your paycheck.”
“Oh, you’re paying me.” She allowed the secret smile to curl her lips in an actual one. “And I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing.”
“What’s that? Boring me to death?”
She dropped her oversized purse to the floor and took the chair next to him. It was a very comfortable recliner, and large enough that her arm didn’t reach the handle to lift the footrest. Feeling around blindly, she sat forward, and hanging half way over the arm, grasped the control. A quick tug and the footrest snapped up, and the back of the chair fell into the recline position, making her squeak.
Beau shook his head.
She tugged at the hem of her skirt to make sure it didn’t ride up, squirming until she’d settled herself. With her ankles crossed, she plopped her hands and forearms on the cushioned arms of the chair and looked at him.
“I’m keeping you busy.”
“Huh?”
“I’m keeping you busy. You asked what I was supposed to be doing. That’s what I’m supposed to be doing.”
“Well, quit it. You’re pissing me off.”
“Oh, yeah,” she drawled, “like that’s hard to do.”
“Have I fired you yet today?”
“No.”
“You’re fired.”
He really was funny when he was trying to look menacing. She laughed and held his glare. “Geez, you’re cranky.”

Mackenzie's Bio:

I’m a wife, mother and really young grandmother. Together with my high school sweet heart husband, a neurotic Pomeranian and a blind cat, I call Arizona home because the southwest feeds my soul. My love of books, specifically the romance genre, has been a lifelong affair, both as a reader and a writer. A bout with breast cancer sharpened my resolve to see my stories shared with others. Today, I’m a five-year survivor, living the dream. Raised on the concept that a stranger is just one conversation away from being a friend, I love meeting new people. 
My friends call me Mac. I hope you will too.

Mac’s Links:
A Song for Sophie Amazon
Amazon Author Page
mackenziecrowne.com
FaceBook Author Page
Twitter @maccrowne
Goodreads

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me, Gloria.

    You're a complete sweetie! And while I'm thinking on it, you and yours are invited to the A Song for Sophie Backstage Party this afternoon at 3 on Facebook. We'll be having fun and giving away prizes. Reach me at maccrowne@gmail.com if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment